A/B Test in email campaigns
BME allows you to A/B test your email campaigns(Triggered/Broadcast) to maximize for opens, clicks.
You can create an A/B test in the campaign creation process or you can edit an existing campaign and enable A/B testing for that campaign.
- Opens will be affected by the from name, subject line and pre header.
- Clicks will be affected by the design of the template.
A/B testing will go through the following sequence:
Create Versions—-Testing the versions by sending—-Verifying winning Version—Finished
1. Randomly Split Variations.
For this option, your entire subscribers list will be split randomly and evenly based on the variations you created (Variation A,Variation B). The platform automatically selects the winning version and sends this off to the rest. The end result: higher user engagement.
- Step 1: Create Versions.
- Step 2: Click on Maximize and select if you want to Maximize Clicks or Opens.
- Step 3: Click on Duration and provide Days/Hours/Minutes based on how long you would like to run the A/B testing. Ignore this option if you do not want to provide the duration.
- Step 4: Click on Size and provide the % of audience should we use for this A/B Testing (in this case 10% of Appointment Confirmed segment). Ignore this option if you do not want to provide % of audience.
- Step 5: All sends go out at once. And you could see that A/B Testing is in progress.
Provide the HTML content for the campaign in both the Versions, Version A and Version B.
Provide an optimal sample of audience and duration so that you could get the A/B testing results in short period.
Click on Compare to get the A/B Testing results.
Note: All messages will be sent at the same time and a winner will be automatically chosen. You can compare the performance of Versions and apply the results to your next Trigger/Broadcast campaigns.