Upload Users in BME
Boomtrain Marketing Engine(BME) lets you add users individually or in bulk. Here’s how you get started:
Log in to BME and navigate to Audience section from the left hand panel. Then click on ‘Add users’.
You will then get two options to upload users:
1. Adding users manually:
Hover your mouse over the option Add Users Manually and click on the Continue button. You can then add the details of new users manually like this:
2. Importing users
You can use this option when you need to add a lot of users to BME. After clicking on Add users button, hover your mouse over Import from CSV file and click on Continue.
It is recommended that the CSV file that you upload should have the following fields for the users (Do note that email ID is the only mandatory field here. However, it is a good practice to add as much user data as possible):
- email (required): Must be included in order to send communication to the user. Will serve as user_id when that value is not provided.
- user_id (recommended): This is used to identify individual users. If this is not included as user_id column, the email column would be used for both email and user_id. A unique value can also be provided here, preferably an account member ID from your site.
- first_name: This is treated as the first name of the user record and can be used to personalize messages.
- last_name: This is treated as the last name of the user record and can be used to personalize messages.
- city: This field shows the city of the user, for instance, New York.
- signed_up_at: This is treated as the date when user signed up with your business. We recommend YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss format and excel would convert it into below format.
After you import the CSV file, BME will ask you to verify the user data by mapping the respective columns into the system. You can do it manually or let the system take care of it. Once you’re certain that the mapping is properly done, click Looks good.You then get an option to let the system update the details of users and create a new list. Or not update the details of users who are already in the system.