You can set up a push notification campaign from ZetaHub’s message editor.
- If you want to send out a push message to a particular group of users based on a shared activity, click on ‘Triggered’ If you want to send the campaign to your entire user base, click ‘Broadcast’
- Once you click on the type of campaign you want, choose ‘Push’ as the channel you want to use.
- Once you’ve selected ‘Push’ as your channel of choice, we get down to entering the content of the campaign. Name your campaign and add any filters or activity criteria for sending to a certain group of customers right here. If you are sending a broadcast campaign, select your audience or the segments that you want to reach here.
- Compose your message including Notification Title, Notification Text, and other details such as names and value.The fields required for iOS and Android are a bit different, so take the time to understand what each one isFields Common to Android and iOSNotification Title: The title of your push notification.
Notification Text: The text of your push notificationName and Value represent additional ‘Key Value’ data to add any custom content. You can use this to create personalization in your push notifications with rule based or logic based criteria.Android Only FieldsLaunch Activity – Where will it redirect the user to on tapping the notification.Image URL – URL of the Image which will be displayed along with the Notification (Skyrim example)Android Icon – Large Icon with your Company’s logo or brand identity.Notification Action – Actions that you can perform within the notification.
Examples: ‘Remind me later’ ‘Add to Calendar’ ‘Pause / Forward / Next’ buttons on Google PlayNotification: (Action name, title, value)
Action name: The key/keyword with which images and icons are called into the push notification.
Action Title: The Title of the button (play, pause etc)
Value: The Activity/Page to which the user is redirected on click.
By default, keep the number of characters in your Android notifications between 60-90
iOS Only Fields
iOS View Controller – Where it redirects the user once they tap the notification.
Default Button Category – Optional functionalities that customers can choose to engage with in the notification. ZetaHub has a library of default button categories built in to our SDK.
Custom Button Category – Custom button that you can create and assign to the notification at run time.
By default, there should be no more than 120 characters for your iOS notifications.
- Once your message is composed and URLs are added, choose a delivery time and ‘Activate’ the message. Your customers who are logged in to your app on iOS and anyone who has installed your app on Android will get the push notification.