The defining feature of an email template is its reusability. ZetaHub gives you the ability to create and reuse email templates in multiple campaigns. Its advanced template editing features can help you create or edit email templates using an easy to use Visual Editor or an HTML editor (for advanced users). In this article, you will see how you can use them to create awesome email templates.
Log in to ZetaHub and navigate to the Content section through the left hand panel and select Templates.
You can then find all of your existing email templates listed under ‘My Templates’. You can use them as a base on top of which you can add/modify images, links and other content.
You can also duplicate the templates easily, with the click of a button.
Options to edit, delete or preview the email templates are easily available on hover over any existing template.
Creating a fresh template
If you want to create a fresh email template, click on the New Template button at the top right hand corner.
- Visual Editor: If you select Visual Editor, you will be redirected to a library of predesigned email templates. You can select any one of these templates and edit them as per your need. Select Start from scratch if you want to use the simple drag and drop editor to create the template.
- HTML editor: If you have already have an HTML file you can upload it or use the non-intrusive side by side view of the editor to code your own template.
You can use any one of the predesigned templates as a base and edit it as per your need. Select one of the other categories of templates to pick a template design of your choice. As of now, there are 4 different types of templates to pick from – E-Commerce, Basic Designs, Newsletter, and behavioral. You can read more about the different templates in our Knowledgebase article on Template library.
Creating a new template from scratch
If you do not want to use the pre loaded designs, you can build your template from scratch using our easy to use visual editor. The Visual Editor comes with a fluid user interface that lets you just drag-and-drop different blocks of content (text, HTML, image, social media links, etc) into your template.
The HTML editor is non intrusive and has a neat side by side view that makes it easier to preview the changes while you’re typing the HTML code.
Importing an HTML template file
HTML Coding using the Code editor
If you already have the HTML code ready, just paste it in the right hand panel. You can also code in real time and see the changes reflected in the left hand panel.
Content quality validation
After you create the template and save it to be used in the campaign, the content quality validation feature will warn you if there are any important issues that need to be fixed in the template. The issues can be:
- If you have not included the Unsubscribe link in the template
- If there any wrong/missing links in the template
- If the message size is bigger than the optimum size